layout

Monday, February 20, 2012

This Means War: Handler Hilarity



This is not one of those movies that I am going to over analyze because, lets face it, there’s not much more to it than surface level. This Means War is about two hot CIA agents who fall for the same girl. Boom, let the chaos ensue. The plot is weak, and relatively unoriginal, basically driven by the hotness of it’s leading men. The acting is less than stellar; there will be no Oscar noms. But I would be lying if I said that I don’t enjoy a throwaway rom com every now and again.

Reese Witherspoon plays the sweet girl next-door with an independent woman edge. She was cute and feisty, nothing that we haven’t seen in her other films (Sweet Home Alabama or Just Like Heaven, for example) but still endearing. The main highlight was Chelsea Handler as a supporting character who basically mirrors Handler’s real-life persona, only married with children. She was hysterical. I say more Chelsea Handler movies because, if nothing else, you leave laughing.

This movie fits the bill for date nights, girls nights, or when you could use a laugh. I won’t add it to my personal collection, but I didn’t mind spending the $7.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment